Cross Country Race Results
CMC Haunted Hills Presented by On Running 2019 Race Results
XC Team, community members, spooks and Swoop haunt the forest, Oct. 27
Men’s College 6.66K
|1||Chris Rohlf||Colorado Mountain College||30:18.24|
|2||Jason Macaluso||Colorado Mountain College||30:43.87|
|3||Caleb Neel||Colorado Mountain College||36:43.32|
|4||Connor McDermott||Colorado Mountain College||39:41.55|
6.66K Mountain Bike Race
|2||Keegan Jacoves||Male||17||Buena Vista||40:42.80||1473|
|4||Glenn Jacoves||Male||52||Buena Vista||42:28.08||1472|
1 Mile Fun Run
6.66K Trail Run
2019 UCCS XC Community Open Meet
School record broken again, strong running in the pack in Colorado Springs, Oct. 12[icon name="file-pdf" class=" ered"] See Complete UCCS Meet Race Results
The meet today in Colorado Springs (UCCS Open) was a huge success. We had five PRs and one near PR. The meet wasn't scored. Here are some highlights:
- Jason broke his school record by over a minute. He ran a 27:49.2. He averaged nearly 5:33 miles. He ran an incredible race! He is going to be a force in the NJCAA next year, and the nation better watch out for our Vail speedster!
- We had a strong pack in the middle with Chris, Caleb, and Jack. They ran incredibly well together.
- Chris broke for 30 minutes for the first time in his career. He broke his PR by over 1.5 minutes. He took a risk and started faster than he normally does, and it paid off with a 29:25.6.
- Caleb Neel ran a two minute PR with a 30:11.6. He finally felt perfect and almost broke 30 minutes. He was able to hold off a late challenge from a runner belonging to our rival, Trinidad State, to out kick him in the end.
- Jack Setser ran 30:48.8 for a near one minute PR. Jack looked so relaxed in this race and you could tell from the start that today was his day.
Our second pack worked really well together, too! Connor and Tyrone paced each other throughout the first half of the race.
- Connor said that today wasn't his day, but his time 31:40.3 was just ten seconds over his PR. It was great to see him finish really strongly. I can't wait to see him running in the 29s next year!
- Tyrone has been struggling with a calf injury the last three weeks. He has really struggled with running, and it has been frustrating for him. During the race, he bloodied his ankle and his Achilles with a cut from his opposite foot. His calf injury flared up after two miles. I asked him if he was OK to continue at that point, and he said, "No, but I am going to finish!" Not only did he finish, but he ran a 50 second PR to finish with a time of 32:37.4. When I found him at the finish line, he was covered in blood but smiling ear to ear!
This was our last big meet of our first season. I look at the work that they have all put in, the adversity that they have all overcome, and how they have come together as a group and that makes me beam. Coach Angela Dunn and I have not stopped smiling since 9:33 this morning after Tyrone finished (and I could breathe a sigh of relief). Those men were exactly what we needed in our first year. They are like brothers. They gelled so well. Each man was a critical cog in this team's machine. I cannot wait to see what they do at our final meet in Leadville at Haunted Hills, and what they will do next year for the Eagles! Go, CMCXC!
Dig deep and fly high!
- Coach Darren Brungardt
Roadrunner Invitational Race Results
CMC Eagles run hard at the Roadrunner Invitational in Denver on October 5[icon name="file-pdf" class=" ered"] See Complete Roadrunner Invite Race Results
What a day! Guys ran really well against strong competition. The team finished ninth out of ten teams and beat a NCAA Division III school. This is the first time in our program's history that we beat an NCAA team. Congrats!
- Jason finished 66th overall. His time was just eight seconds slower than his previous best time.
- Chris finished in a flurry and matched his time (to the millisecond) of what he ran at the last meet. He ran a 30:54.3 and finished 92nd overall.
- Connor ran a big 33 second PR. He finished with a time of 31:29. He finished 94th overall.
- Jack ran a huge five minute PR. His time of 31:44 was good enough for 98th overall.
- Caleb had a great sprint finish with a time of 33:19. He is juts coming back from an OUT trip, too! He finished 106th overall.
- Tyrone ran a 16 second PR with a 33:27. He has been battling an injury for the last two week and was able to finish 107th overall.
The multi-loop course was on all grass run through Denver's historic Washington Park. Temperatures were mild. The guys have been working really hard the last three weeks. It was great to see them work so well together throughout the entire race. We will continue working on our speed next week to race really fast next week. They are really excited to race next weekend at UCCS XC Open.
10,000 Foot Invite Race Results
CMC Eagles finish their first sanctioned race before a hometown crowd August 31
Race Day Photos
|2||Colorado Mtn. College||45||15|